turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jkeenan

Is PMI currently being calculated by Turbo Tax for 2019? I entered my information and my return didn't change at all? Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Is PMI currently being calculated by Turbo Tax for 2019? I entered my information and my return didn't change at all? Any ideas?

maybe not - that was one of the tax law changed that Congress re-instituted very late in December; give it a few weeks for the programming to occur (the IRS isn't accepting tax returns until January 27th in any event).

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax does calculate the PMI deduction. There are several possible reasons that the deduction might not change your refund. Here are the two most common reasons.

If your AGI is more than $100,000 ($50,000 if married filing separately) the PMI deduction begins to phase out. If your AGI is more than more than $109,000 ($54,500 if married filing separately) the deduction is phased out completely.

If your total itemized deductions are less than your standard deduction, even with the PMI, the PMI will not make any difference in your refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies