turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I put farm equipment on my taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In the farm income section of TurboTax, you will enter each piece of equipment as an asset using the Asset Entry section. Usually each asset is entered individually. After you answer a series of questions about each asset, TurboTax will automatically calculate the allowed depreciation and keep track of it for you on the Depreciation Report. Each year when you start a new tax return, TurboTax will transfer your previous years name, address, SS #, ect. and depreciation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

In the farm income section of TurboTax, you will enter each piece of equipment as an asset using the Asset Entry section. Usually each asset is entered individually. After you answer a series of questions about each asset, TurboTax will automatically calculate the allowed depreciation and keep track of it for you on the Depreciation Report. Each year when you start a new tax return, TurboTax will transfer your previous years name, address, SS #, ect. and depreciation.

Ted8

entered it last year as an asset but where do I write off expenses like fuel, payments, etc

@Ted8 wrote:

entered it last year as an asset but where do I write off expenses like fuel, payments, etc

Please see the info I left in your other thread at this link, and if necessary, you can continue the discussion there.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/farm-equip-tractor/01/864330

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies