if income is earned abroad is it obligatory to use FEIE?

If income is earned abroad is it obligatory to use FEIE?

My income is far from the maximum allowed and by using FEIE my EIC (or CTC) is eliminated. Can I claim Foreign earned income in another way as I don't need it to reduce taxable income it seems. I pass the Bona Fida residence test. 

My main concern is that I have 4 (children) dependents and so I would like to be able to claim or earn a refund from this. The income that I earned is below 40, 000 USD. 

So, can I list my foreign earned income in another way? There is no W-2 nor a form 1099 available from the foreign employer.

You have the option to take the exclusion OR the credit ... Choose the credit.

How/where do I report the earnings as there was no company supply w-2. If I select the option not to use FEIE TurboTax takes the info/amount off the misc. W-2. So what’s best way to report this income as foreign earned?
Also, I cannot use foreign tax credit because the country I’m working in doesn’t charge/assess taxes.