Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I typed in an incorrect address on form 8283, charitable contribution worksheet. How can I correct this entry? I am using the Cloud version of Turbotax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I typed in an incorrect address on form 8283, charitable contribution worksheet. How can I correct this entry? I am using the Cloud version of Turbotax.

In TurboTax Online, just the name is used on Form 8283. To return to the Donations section by following these steps:

• From the left menu, select Federal
  • Deductions & Credits
  • Scroll down to Charitable Donations and click Show More
  • Donations to Charity in 2019 click Revisit
  • By the charity name that you wish to edit, click the pencil icon to Edit

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download and wish to change the address, in Forms mode, go to the Contrib Wks for the contribution and scroll down to Part II to enter the street address detail.

See 2019 Form 8283 Instructions

@brad-kerchof

I see no way to access the worksheets in TurboTax Premier to make a change to a Charity's address. 

I am using TurboTax online and it asked for the address of the charity. I entered this, but subsequently found out I put in the wrong address.  I want to change this.

Are you saying that TurboTax online asked for the address but doesn't use it?

I only see links to the input screens and not the underlying worksheets, so I can't see a way to change this. Are the worksheets accessible after finishing the data entry and fees are paid?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This can be changed by selecting to edit this charity, then going through the screens for your non-cash donation (or items donation). First select to edit that donation and then continue through the screens until you reach the address screen.  Whether you click next or done you will be brought to the screen to review and edit. Slowly step through each screen until you see it. You will have the opportunity to change the address.

• See the image below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

There is no address screen that comes up when selecting edit on any of the line item donation entries, only a screen with the check boxes and a screen with details on the stock donated.  I am using TurboTax premier online.  I think that the issue is with the online version of TurboTax.

I did finish the data input and looked at the form 8283 that has the incorrect address. I can find no way to correct the address outside of the guided input either.

Did you take the screen shot while usinTurnboTax online?

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you able to delete the form and then revisit the topic to go through the entry again? To delete a form, please click here for instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies