turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
Wife moved in to Virginia from Asia. Completed all filing especially Peresonal data of moving to VA state in Sep 2023 and had to select FC. When running final review, Turbo said error and offerred to change to international Country Code (TH). Why it ... read more
pipytuby ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post 3m ago by DMarkM1
I was advised by the adoption agency that there would be a tax credit we would be able to receive next year once the adoption is finalized this year. Trying to confirm if this is correct.
ambass1977 ‎Posted 12m ago
I have tried to go back and save and then click the back button to confirm the changes are saved and they show saved, but by the time I get back to the screen to submit I get the same error. I have also tried on the app and have the same problem
caressa-panik ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post an hour ago by JulieS
The IRS in https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p590a.pdf page 45 states " Eligible contributions. These include 1. Contributions to a traditional or Roth IRA; 2. Salary reduction contributions (elective deferrals, including amounts designated as after-ta... read more
a1newman ‎Posted March 7, 2023 | Latest post an hour ago by Elonia_59
I am a home infusion/hospice nurse that works for a major hospital chain. I commute directly from my home to a patient's home, work with them, and then commute to another patient's home, etc. My work schedule is set so that I see the same patients on... read more
Irasaco ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by Opus 17
If I have a negative amount from rental income in a schedule E and capital gains and dividends also would the rental income which is negative offset the gains and dividends so I would qualify for the eic
beckymitros ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Hal_Al
I use my primary home for business (30% use). I'm using TurboTax for Home and Business. I had thought that the energy tax credit would be calculated as Total cost $6000 of biomass stove by 70% residential portion of home, multiplied by 30% of the cos... read more
Rowgirl ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post yesterday by Opus 17
Why would a consumer product start out by asking for control of my keychain to install (before even getting the product key for activation)? tmx-bpl_uuid_service being asked for with no explanation. Awful UI or trojan exploit? Best I can tell, maybe ... read more
Bill0071 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post yesterday by Opus 17
Even though the purchase is for a primary home and meets all the requirements
ahmad-hashem-net ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by zomboo
I am considering doing a cash back refinance of my current home and using the money to purchase a rental property. In this case, is the interest on the loan deductible? It seems like it should be but I can't find anything conclusive in IRS documents.
karlameyer ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by zomboo
First off, way is this checked yes? After spending hours reading forums and various other posts, there was a bug in TT on a past return that is causing this and requiring this? If so, why isn't there a fix or a step by step solution guide? Isn't the ... read more
VERYfrustrated1 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post yesterday by VERYfrustrated1
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies