turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
Hi,This is for Tax Year 2023 using TurboTax Home & Business Desktop (Mac).Problem: TurboTax calculates by Foreign Tax Credit to be $0. Here's my situation:I received bank interest from some foreign banks. I paid foreign income tax on the bank interes... read more
gmangesh ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 7m ago by pk
I can't seem to find where to enter our training materials expenses. Please advise. Thank you.
kare2k13 ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 52m ago by PatriciaV
Can I skip this for now? it will take a lot of research to find these figures and I'd like to finish for now and enter next year instead. Can I just delete the amount that TT entered and go on? Thanks.
kare2k13 ‎Posted 3 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by Mike9241
My question is if I have a spreadsheet for the year that tracks the date, place, and starting amount of money I had in my pocket, the winnings reported on W2G’s, and then at the end of the day I record what I have in my pocket is that enough proof of... read more
threeGGGs ‎Posted March 5, 2024 | Latest post 2 hours ago by Lennatave
I completed my taxes and went to efile federal and MN tax. The fed worked fine but the state rejected my return saying that:Schedule M1M: the sum of line 1 and line 2 cannot be greater than:line 2a on Form 1040When I view the M1M form it has 5597. Wh... read more
bfredri ‎Posted Friday | Latest post 2 hours ago by DMarkM1
Hi, I am trying to help my college student with his taxes (he is over 18 but claimed on my return as a dependent). He received a stipend which is over $1,100 (but not by that much) and was reported on a 1099-NEC (his unearned income should be under $... read more
NotLearnedHand ‎Posted April 2, 2022 | Latest post 3 hours ago by hbl3973
I received a 1099-NEC for a group practice of Therapists in LA while I lived in Brooklyn, NY for 2022. I worked from home and am looking for a list of possible deduction ideas and calculations. Can I deduct a portion of my rent as I used a part of my... read more
kyle-williams-ny ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 3 hours ago by LeticiaF1
I'm filling an amend, everything is filled in, at the check at the end, it says "check this entry. Form 8938: Credits II form must be entered. Credits II form ............." What do I write on the dots?
femkehoedemaker- ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 4 hours ago by JulieS
I am a home infusion/hospice nurse that works for a major hospital chain. I commute directly from my home to a patient's home, work with them, and then commute to another patient's home, etc. My work schedule is set so that I see the same patients on... read more
Irasaco ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 4 hours ago by Opus 17
My 1099 only shows 2 transactions although my broker statement shows 3. I want to make sure that I do not under/over report and need help with adjustments if necessary. This is my scenario on 2 sales on same date.1st saleQuantity released 52 with 22 ... read more
Kim C1 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post 4 hours ago by Vanessa A
I stopped working in 12/15/23. Drew on unemployment benefits (taxable) till 4/1/24 ($7200.00). Filed for retirement and started drawing a $4600.00 a month pension 4/1/24 ($36800.00). My wife is an independent contractor and her gross income is $26,00... read more
terrys-mail2 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 4 hours ago by Opus 17
If you own 2 family house and rent half of it , you take 50% deduction on schedule E FROM YOUR PROPERTY TAXES YOU PAID. If my taxes in 2023 were $8000 i deduct $4000 on my schedule E.My Anchor payments $1500+$1500= $3000 i received both in 2023 for y... read more
Dubostica ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post 5 hours ago by Opus 17
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies