Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm shown the message Form 2555-T and 2555-S are not ready. Am I supposed to file these forms myself or is Turbotax working on it as I've filled foreign income section?

I understand what they ask, and the forms are on my last years return. I'm just not sure if I filled them out and submitted them to Turbotax or if this was an automatic thing...
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm shown the message Form 2555-T and 2555-S are not ready. Am I supposed to file these forms myself or is Turbotax working on it as I've filled foreign income section?

TurboTax will prepare those forms as part of your return if you were claiming the foreign income deduction or credit. Because of many last-minute tax law changes, and the IRS being backlogged, some forms are delayed the season. When the forms are ready to e-file, you will be able to log into your account or open your return, finalize the calculations, and then e-file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

TurboTax will prepare those forms as part of your return if you were claiming the foreign income deduction or credit. Because of many last-minute tax law changes, and the IRS being backlogged, some forms are delayed the season. When the forms are ready to e-file, you will be able to log into your account or open your return, finalize the calculations, and then e-file.

Thank you for your quick response. That answers the question. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies