pinkloveme

I had my child in september 2021 do i click on the option that says the persons whose care i paid for lived with me for more than half of 2021.

Yes.   If you had a child born in 2021- Add them under My Info. You need to answer 2 questions…..

Did your child live with you for the whole year? Answer YES even if they were born late in the year (even on Dec 31).

Then was at least half of child's expenses paid by CHILD? Usually is NO.

Make sure you have entered your child as a dependent in My Info, and that you have entered the child's Social Security number. If your child was born in 2021make sure you said he lived with you the whole year.  There is an oddly worded question that asks if the child paid over half their own support.  Say NO to that question.

READ the screen ... it tells you exactly what to do ... 

baby born 2021.jpg