turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nosckid

I didn't have a job in 2019, or the years before. I was only a student. I started my job this year. What do I put for occupation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

I didn't have a job in 2019, or the years before. I was only a student. I started my job this year. What do I put for occupation?

If you had no income of any kind in 2019 then there is no reason or need to file a 2019 tax return.

If you have income in 2020 then you will file a 2020 tax return next year in 2021.

nosckid

I had an income, but as a work study. What do I do?

@nosckid wrote:

I had an income, but as a work study. What do I do?

Just enter your occupation as Student.

nosckid

All right. Thanks. Another question. What if I don't remember the year I started my work study, what is the best course of action

@nosckid wrote:

All right. Thanks. Another question. What if I don't remember the year I started my work study, what is the best course of action

It does not matter when you started the program, what matters is the amount of income that you received in 2019 from the program.  Did you receive some type of income form to report your 2019 income, such as a W-2 or a Form 1099-MISC?

nosckid

no. I didn't receive any

@nosckid wrote:

no. I didn't receive any

So, how were you paid if you have income in 2019?

nosckid

Should I asked for all my w-2 from my school?

@nosckid wrote:

Should I asked for all my w-2 from my school?

Yes, you should. 

nosckid

We were told that the school was taking care of our taxes, and we were paid through paycheck

nosckid

Also, what do I put for " Did you Repay Any 2016 Hurricane Distribution in 2019?" if I didn't participated in it. 

@nosckid wrote:

Also, what do I put for " Did you Repay Any 2016 Hurricane Distribution in 2019?" if I didn't participated in it. 

You enter nothing.  Just continue past that page if it does not apply to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies