Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am working as a consultant for a Foreign overseas company while I am living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Do I treat myself as an employee or a self employed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I am working as a consultant for a Foreign overseas company while I am living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Do I treat myself as an employee or a self employed?

If the company did not send you a W-2 you are self-employed.

In that case does this mean I will have to pay Social security and medicare taxes? If so does anyone know what forms I have to fill out? My first time as Self Employed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

schedule C.    don't know what version of TT you're using  - you may have to upgrade. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@salibi1 wrote:

In that case does this mean I will have to pay Social security and medicare taxes? If so does anyone know what forms I have to fill out? My first time as Self Employed.

You will have to pay self-employment tax, which is the Social Security and Medicare tax for self-employed people. When you enter your self-employment income in TurboTax it will fill out all the necessary forms. Schedule C is the primary form for reporting self-employment or business income. Schedule SE will calculate the self-employment tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies