turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mechamom

I am being denied the stimulus check due to the "first time home buyer credit," but my ex-husband got the house in the divorce settlement. How do I fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

I am being denied the stimulus check due to the "first time home buyer credit," but my ex-husband got the house in the divorce settlement. How do I fix this?

There is no withholding of the economic impact payments for the first time home buyer credit,or any other tax obligation.  

Therefore there isn't anything that you need to fix. 

The majority of U.S. taxpayers haven't yet received payments -they have only just begun distribution with a small percentage of taxpayers seeing deposits currently pending.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

There is no withholding of the economic impact payments for the first time home buyer credit,or any other tax obligation.  

Therefore there isn't anything that you need to fix. 

The majority of U.S. taxpayers haven't yet received payments -they have only just begun distribution with a small percentage of taxpayers seeing deposits currently pending.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need to know how to resolve the first time home buyer tax credit so i can get my stimulas check.  When i fill i get a rejection error about the first time home buyer credit.  I have sold that home and meet the requirements so why is this holding up my stimulas check.  IRS keeps rejecting my filling and i need to fix this or i want get a stimulas check.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies