turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a US Citizen and a US Navy Veteran living in the Philippines since 2013. For stimulus payment purposes, if qualified, do I input my California address or foreign?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

I am a US Citizen and a US Navy Veteran living in the Philippines since 2013. For stimulus payment purposes, if qualified, do I input my California address or foreign?

No, as long as you will be able to receive mail at the address you use you can enter the California address.  Since your pension was not taxable income, you would not have been required to file so you would be eligible for the stimulus.

@Aznpnoyreddragon

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

13 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

You can enter your current mailing address.

Thank you for the quick reply.

My other question is as a US Navy Veteran receiving compensation pension monthly that has been out of the country since 2013, and have not filed any tax since then, am I eligible for the economic impact payment or the stimulus?

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

If you were required to file tax returns and did not because you were not in the country, you would not be eligible for the stimulus.

@Aznpnoyreddragon

I started receiving Compensation Pension since 2012, per the VA Compensation Pension is non-taxable. Since 2012 I have not work and no tax to report.

I updated my profile on Turbo Tax and it stated that I am eligible. 

The only issue was the address. I placed my foreign address, Philippines, but it required me to input a US address to proceed.

Would it be correct to place my previous US address to continue with the process?

Would there be any legal consequences if two address are used?

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

No, as long as you will be able to receive mail at the address you use you can enter the California address.  Since your pension was not taxable income, you would not have been required to file so you would be eligible for the stimulus.

@Aznpnoyreddragon

Screenshot_20200406-113205_Chrome.jpg

I tried to submit my information thru turbo tax to register for the stimulus and it posted this.

Screenshot_20200406-113205_Chrome.jpg

I tried to submit my updated information thru turbo tax for the economic impact payment or stimulus. It suggested to "review".

It took me to state and federal tax. The outcome was "0" for both. 

Do I submit the file just to update the direct deposit account for the stimulus?

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

When you go to the website you need to choose the option that you don't need to file your taxes this year.  When it asks you if you have a TurboTax account, say no.  

Then enter a new user name and password, etc so the website does not take you to your TurboTax account.  Then go through and answer the few questions so the the IRS has your latest information.

I created a new account for turbo tax to register for the stimulus. I followed the instruction and it still says "transmission did not go through", and to go back to "review".

When I did that to my previous account, it made me do my state and federal tax. The state and federal tax refund and due is "0". Should i proceed on my previous account, even though I am not required to file tax?

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

You will not be able to e-file it with a zero income.   You will need to add $1 of interest or dividends I think to get it to e-file.  Thank you for your patience.

So to actually proceed a minimum number has to be met to register for the stimulus.

So do i proceed with my previous account and file it?

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

This TurboTax website will let you know how much you will get and what you have to do next. 

To register for your Stimulus Check, please see our website:  TT Stimulus Website

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies