Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtnstar99

How have others solved the tax free exchange issue when it won't take no for an answer to do you have different property received

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How have others solved the tax free exchange issue when it won't take no for an answer to do you have different property received

Are you trying to enter a like-kind (1031) exchange? Please provide more details regarding the transaction.

You can also contact Support (link below) during regular business hours for assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your question is a bit nebulous.  What is the issue? Can you be a little more clear?

knphan81

Don't enter the loan amount 'assumed'.  I had initially entered the new loan amount I am getting for the loan but I don't think this is applicable since I am not assuming the seller's loan.  Without this figure, my figures were in line. TurboTax should have been more specific on adding further clarification on this particular question because it is confused with a persons new loan vs assuming someone else's loan.  This causes unnecessary confusion taking me days to figure out that I didn't need to enter it.  My relinquish property was valued at $165k and my new purchase was $260k so I definitely did not have any boot (cash) leftover. All my proceeds were used for the down payment of the new home so that question of 'different property received' should not have been a requirement. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies