turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I access the screen to "Report Foreign Dividends" in Form 1099-DIV? I entered the foreign tax paid, but the program won't give me the option to report the tax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I access the screen to "Report Foreign Dividends" in Form 1099-DIV? I entered the foreign tax paid, but the program won't give me the option to report the tax.

foreign dividends are entered on form 1099-div (there is no separate form for foreign dividemnds) along with the section for foreign taxes. 

there is an election you might use if foreign taxes from investment income  (dividends, interest) is less than $600  married filing joint or $300 in all other cases.  You can elect out of filing form 1116 in that case there is no need to link the foreign tax section of the 1099 div to an 1116

(1) So I should prepare and report dividends received from a foreign company in a Form 1099-DIV ?

(2) If the dividends are from different `companies, but deposited in one bank can I show them all in a single  Form 1099-DIV? 
(3) where can I show the expenses incurred by me for following up with the foreign entities for collecting and depositing these dividends in my bank account?   Expenses were around $6500 and the dividends received were $32,500 in that year. 

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies