turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi We're well into March 2021 and I never received the FIRST stimulus payment. I live outside the US.

I Did get the Second payment.
I filed my 2020 taxes on Jan. 2021.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Hi We're well into March 2021 and I never received the FIRST stimulus payment. I live outside the US.

did you list the EIP1 that you did not get on Form 1040 line 30 ?

Yes, and also sent the EIP form TWICE!

Anything else?
Should I call the IRS? I live abroad.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Congratulations on receiving the second stimulus payment.  The first stimulus payment can be claimed as a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of your 2020 1040 tax return.

The IRS says that it will issue 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days.  However, if:  

• You have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return,
  • You are claiming a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return, and
  • Your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.  

We suspect that the IRS will scrutinize stimulus payments that were issued against the tax returns that claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.  We do not know how much delay that the IRS will incur in such cases. 

Implementation of the American Rescue Plan will further strain the resources of the IRS.  IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time.  For stimulus payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center for further developments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies