turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

georgiarodgers
Returning Member

Foreign Tax Credit NOT calculating correctly

I have entered my foreign income and the taxes I paid, but each time I complete the very long form to claim this credit, my deduction always shows up as zero.  I know that this is a glitch with Turbo Tax, because I have read the other threads.  I need to know if there is a solution yet, or if I can speak to an actual human about it without paying another $100.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

perhaps one of us SUs can help you with your  problem ---- give some details of the situation  e.g.  what kind of foreign income  ( interest / dividend,  capital gain,  earned income or what  ),  which country, your filing status, your immigration status  ( US citizen/Resident / Resident for tax purposes ) . etc. etc.   what is TurboTax doing  correctly   etc. 

marcs
Returning Member

I am having the same issue.  It continues to calculate zero for the foreign tax credit.  I have entered this multiple times.  Very frustrating

marcs
Returning Member

I am having the same issue.   I have filled out the form multiple times.  I live in Germany and it continues to show 0 tax credit.  I could use your help!

I should not have to pay to get help on a function which is not working correctly.

Thanks

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Support can also be reached during business hours by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@marcs , @georgiarodgers  --- am still looking for the details of the situation so I can duplicate the scenario and see what is TurboTax thinking  -- why is it not allowing the credit.  Please help

Also do not understand  as to why you are looking for foreign tax credit if (a) US citizen/Resident living in Germany, (b) earning and paying taxes to GDR -- why are you not able to exclude foreign  earned income.  Please tell me more   I am assuming that you are working on your 2018  US Federal tax return--- yes?

If this is an issue on the 2019 program be aware that it is NOT fully operational and will not be until January or later. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies