Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fed Tax withheld from 1099-R is on TT 1099 input but showing wrong credit = total tax

The TT input form 1099-R I have entered boxes 4 and 14 and has other current info for $33,000 Fed withhold on distribution code 7 (normal distribution) but it is showing up as a federal credit for taxes paid of a different amount

What is weird is the tax summary shows a total tax of $34,871 and the same amount paid in as $34.871!  The only payment I made is $33,000 via the 1099-R input form that shows 33,000.  It was odd it plugged the payment of exactly the tax due - highly unlikely!  No overpayment from 2019 applied.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Fed Tax withheld from 1099-R is on TT 1099 input but showing wrong credit = total tax

OK somewhere it shows the 1871 difference as other payments and refundable credits.... have no idea where came from but searching - the quick zoom doesn't take me there.  I did defer about 500 maybe 517 in SE tax allowed... I also have the qualified business deduction of $14,081 but don't see how that generates a credit!

OK I found it!!  when I selected the deferral of SE tax it show only about $500 eligible but turned out much higher and after printing the 94 pages of return and worksheet shows the credit is the deferred SE tax just a much higher amount.

A few other minor issues I see but still going thru the printouts.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies