`

Donation made to charity before midnight local time

Hi

I made a $1000 donation via PayPal to a charity at 11:19 PM CST on December 31, 2019. However, the charity is located in Florida. Therefore, it is already, January 1, 2020, there. My PayPal receipt shows December 31, 2019, as the donation date. However, the charity's automatic confirmation page showed January 1, 2020, as the donation date. Given this, can I deduct this donation in 2019 taxes as donation was given before midnight in my local time? I wanted to make the donation earlier but did not get a chance due to a hectic day. Thank you very much for your support.

Thanks

I would use 2019. You have the PayPal receipt . This happen to me once, when the charity use the post mark on envelope

instead of the date on my check. which was the next year in my case.

As long as your $1,000 donation was processed by Paypal before midnight in your time zone on 12/31/2019, you can count it as a donation for 2019.