turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did I finish my tax register? How much would my tax return be for 2019? What do I have to do to finish my tax register if I didn't finish it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Did I finish my tax register? How much would my tax return be for 2019? What do I have to do to finish my tax register if I didn't finish it?

We cannot see your screen, your tax return or your account.  So we do not know what you have done so far.

There is a refund monitor that shows you your federal and state refunds.  And there will be a summary which you have to read carefully.  And you should actually look at your Form 1040.  Line 20 shows a refund.  Line 23 shows if you owe instead of receiving a refund.  You can also look at your state results yourself.  We cannot see them.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you. It was a big help. Have a nice day!

VictoriaD75
Employee Tax Expert

As previously stated, we cannot see your return. However, one way to feel confident is to compare your previous tax return with the current year. The format of the 1040 has changed from 2018 to 2019, so you cannot compare line numbers. Be sure to review by line description. Some important lines to consider are total income, taxable income, tax due, total payments, and refund or balance due. This will give you an idea of whether or not you may have left out anything before you file.

Also, take into consideration any job changes, life changes (marriage, new home, dependents, etc.) that may affect your return. Consider whether or not you have included all sources of income on your return, such as W2's, interest, dividends, or any income from self-employment. Review the Deductions & Credits section of TurboTax to make sure you have taken advantage of all potential tax breaks. Finally, be sure to run the review on the return to look for any potential errors.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies