turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Co I itemize by date and amount? I am a christian education leader at my church. we are non profit. I have over 30 purchases made for my church and church school.

do I itemize by date and amount? I am a christian education leader at my church. we are non profit. I have over 30 purchases made for my church and church school.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Co I itemize by date and amount? I am a christian education leader at my church. we are non profit. I have over 30 purchases made for my church and church school.

I assume the purchases that you are donating were bought with your own funds rather than you buying the materials on behalf of the church with church funds. 

If  that is the case you would list the date and amount of each purchase which carries to Sch A along with your other itemized deductions.  Keep in mind that your total itemized deductions would have to be greater than the standard deduction of $12,200 if filing single or $24,400 if married filing jointly for tax year 2019. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I assume the purchases that you are donating were bought with your own funds rather than you buying the materials on behalf of the church with church funds. 

If  that is the case you would list the date and amount of each purchase which carries to Sch A along with your other itemized deductions.  Keep in mind that your total itemized deductions would have to be greater than the standard deduction of $12,200 if filing single or $24,400 if married filing jointly for tax year 2019. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies