Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
Me and my ex were married on the last day of 2023, and divorced on Jan 2024.for 2023 tax, If we file separately, how can we determine who get to deudct what? 1. We have two dependent children, our divorce agreement says each of us can claim one child... read more
chunhuach ‎Posted 14 hours ago | Latest post 30m ago by chunhuach
Hello! I received a USDA payment on form CCC-1099-G for transportation costs that I paid out of pocket, leaving me a net balance of -0- (I got reimbursed). According to TurboTax, I had to input this information in TWO places - my personal income and ... read more
Heidi_Marcum ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post an hour ago by Vanessa A
Hi, I've seen several posts on how Turbo-Tax computes mortgage interest deduction, but I don't see a good conclusion. Here's my situation with two mortgage balances over the year (I've simplified the numbers for make the calculations easier): MonthMo... read more
rvijayc ‎Posted March 18, 2024 | Latest post 2 hours ago by teamdeutsch
First off, way is this checked yes? After spending hours reading forums and various other posts, there was a bug in TT on a past return that is causing this and requiring this? If so, why isn't there a fix or a step by step solution guide? Isn't the ... read more
VERYfrustrated1 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 6 hours ago by PatriciaV
She divorced me, and left me the house, which I still own. Line 2 in Part 1 of Form 5405, states as a condition as 'I (or my spouse if married) am, or was, a member of the uniformed services.... This condition was met in the past, when we were marrie... read more
davidcotey ‎Posted 7 hours ago | Latest post 6 hours ago by Opus 17
Lived in Florida home as primary residence Jan - Sep 2023. Moved to Wisconsin Oct 2023. Rented Florida home Oct 2023. I received rental income from the tenants prior to becoming a Wisconsin resident (Sept 2023). With expenses and assets deducted I ha... read more
ddubs82 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 7 hours ago by DMarkM1
Hello, Last year I sold a house that I owned since 2013 and used as a primary residence for 5 years. While waiting for real estate market to recover in this area house was either empty or partially rented out. Unfortunately, after several years there... read more
redmoose ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 7 hours ago by tagteam
we had a house fire and the insurance company only covered part of my expenses. can the non reimbursed costs be tax deductible?
ajv28 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by DoninGA
TT shows that my home office deduction (~$200) exceeds my business income (~$100). Is this possible? I thought that allowable home office deduction for the current year is always adjusted to be less that business income for the current year. Am I doi... read more
jason1578 ‎Posted January 30, 2023 | Latest post yesterday by DawnC
HiI'm confused about where to enter my Co-Op mortgage interest share. Do I add the amount paid to my Co-Op mortgage to the amount of amount of interest paid to my personal mortgage? I did not receive a 1098 from Co-Op but have letter with amounts pai... read more
gowrish ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by DawnC
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies