turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Child tax credit

Why haven’t I received any child tax credit? I have two kids. Paid taxes. Had direct deposit info. What is going on? Portal says eligible and enrolled but I have Got nothing

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
slaudenslag
Employee Tax Expert

Child tax credit

I'm sorry that you are having trouble receiving your advanced Child Tax Credit.  If the IRS Portal acknowledges that you are eligible and you have filed your 2020 taxes you should have received your first payment based on the following schedule:  

Advance Child Tax Credit payments will be disbursed in monthly installments starting July 15, 2021 through December 2021. More details about when you should expect to receive advance Child Tax Credit payments will be provided soon.

Payment Month Payment Date
July 7/15/2021
August 8/13/2021
September 9/15/2021
October 10/15/2021
November 11/15/2021
December 12/15/2021

I recommend that you check the IRS Portal to verify/update your bank information.  Please see the following link.  Please keep in mind, the IRS is still working on the Portal and will have all tools updated by the end of summer.  Here is the link for the Portal:  https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/child-tax-credit-update-portal

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Child tax credit

No it did not solve anything. You just gave me a link I already know about and I still never got my payment. 

Child tax credit

@mzkyleigh3251 

Unfortunately, TurboTax cannot help you with this. 

We cannot see any of your information so we do not know what the portal is telling you or why it says you are not eligible yet.    This is a brand new system thrown together by the IRS after Congress changed tax laws in the middle of the tax season.  There are going to be bugs, glitches and mistakes made and folks will unfortunately have to be patient until they sort it out.  

If you do not receive the monthly payments you will be able to get the CTC on your 2021 tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-t...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies