lildon1965

I need form 8862

HelenC12

I need form 8862

We can help you file Form 8862.

1. Open your return if you don't already have it open. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select Pick up where you left off button.)
  2. In the search box, search for 8862 and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. You'll come to the Earned Income Credit section. Select Continue.
  4. Answer the questions and eventually you'll be asked Do any of these uncommon situations apply? Check the box that says, I/we got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me/us to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit.
  5. Select Continue and then Done.
  6. On the Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check on a few things screen, select the radio button next to No, none of these apply and I need to fill out the 8862 form.
  7. Select Continue.
  8. Answer the remaining questions.

We'll help you file Form 8862 when you're ready.

Related Information:

Source: TurboTax FAQ

CKnight90

I need form 8862

When i did these steps before. I got rejected again. Not sure what stopped it. But deleting every form and starting over resolved my issue. Any tax expert give those steps and actually get accepted? 

DaveF1006

I need form 8862

Sometimes deleting every form and starting over again will resolve issues.  Thank you for the information.

renee744

I need form 8862

@CKnight90  Are you able to view your tax transcripts yet? I was able to view mine last Friday and the only thing on there was tax topic 971.

CKnight90

I need form 8862

@renee744 I don't have all the required things to view them. How many times did you get rejected by the IRS when you tried to file?

renee744

I need form 8862

@CKnight90 I was rejected 4 times before I finally got them to accept them. I can view my transcripts and I have a cycle code of 20200705 and nothing was on them except 971 tax code until this morning. Now it has my e.i.c on it and everything just no 846 which is the refund date yet.

CKnight90

I need form 8862

Altigrht. I tried mine more than that. Wish I met all the requirements to view my transcripts. I updated to path message this morning. @renee744 

renee744

I need form 8862

@CKnight90 I updated as well so we should have the same dates as well. Mine says 3/2 as a processing date and cycle 20200705. I will keep you updated with any changes.

CKnight90

I need form 8862

Great. Thanks @renee744 

renee744

I need form 8862

@CKnight90 wmr updated this morning from Path message back to we have received you return and it is being processed. So I am hoping to see a change by Friday.

CKnight90

I need form 8862

@renee744 yeah same here! Yeah I hope so also! 

Jkelis23

I need form 8862

MayaD

I need form 8862

Follow the steps below to add form Form 8862, Information to Claim Certain Refundable Credits after Disallowance:

1. Log in to your return
  2. Go to Federal Taxes.
  3. Go to Deduction and Credits.
  4. Scroll down to You and Your Family and click show more.
  5. Scroll down to Earned Income Credit (EIC).
  6. Answer any questions that apply to you and navigate to the screen where it asks Do any of these uncommon situations apply?
  7. Check the box that says, I/we got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me/us to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit.
  8. Click Continue and then Done.
  9. On the Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check if any of these apply to your situation screen, click the radio button next to No, none of these apply and I need to fill out the 8862 form.
  10. Click Continue.
TEVarnado

I need form 8862

I got to fill out form 8862 so my taxes can be submitted.