turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2018 tax year to file, I only have 1099 income and want to deduct expenses related to my home office. What software do I need and how do I access/purchase?

Independent contractor.  May be eligible to itemize deductions also.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2018 tax year to file, I only have 1099 income and want to deduct expenses related to my home office. What software do I need and how do I access/purchase?

You do NOT NOT NOT need the most expensive H&B version ... you can use the Deluxe instead. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I have attached a link with instructions on how to obtain the 2018 program so you can prepare your 2018 tax return.

You will need the Home and Business version of the software so you can report your personal items as well as your business activity.

How to prepare a prior year tax return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You do NOT NOT NOT need the most expensive H&B version ... you can use the Deluxe instead. 

Thank you!

Thank you.

Can I fill out and file a Schedule C on the Deluxe version?

YES ... that is why I suggest it.

Thank you!

Beware ... the program will SUGGEST upgrading to the H&B version but it is NOT REQUIRED ... be smart and say NO.

Thank you very much!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies