turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-A

Part III  instructions state that if any months on your  form don't have amounts leave them blank. Column C is entirely blank on my form. When I continue it reverts back to the form entry  and asks for an entry in all the column C monthly boxes.

Contradictory to the instructions should 0 be entered in the box.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

1095-A

Try entering .01 in the Col C as a workaround. TurboTax rounds numbers so the amount in Column C will be recorded as zero. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1095-A

Entering $.01 doesn't work. It still gives the error message that it wants an amount entered, even though I have no amount to enter. I received no advance. It also then does not calculate the premium tax credit I am eligible for. It looks like another Turbo Tax glitch that needs to be fixed!

Turbo Tax, please fix as soon as possible.

1095-A

@Bill H wrote:

Entering $.01 doesn't work. It still gives the error message that it wants an amount entered, even though I have no amount to enter. I received no advance. It also then does not calculate the premium tax credit I am eligible for. It looks like another Turbo Tax glitch that needs to be fixed!

Turbo Tax, please fix as soon as possible.

For any month that you were not covered by Marketplace Insurance leave all the columns blank (empty) for that month.  Do not enter any type of amount including a 0 (zero).  If the program still give you an error then delete the Form 1095-A and re-enter manually, do not import.

1095-A

All of my column A and B are entered by me. I did not import the form. Column C is blank because it should be. I've tried the $.01 suggestion, but that doesn't work. Any other thoughts?

1095-A

@Bill H wrote:

All of my column A and B are entered by me. I did not import the form. Column C is blank because it should be. I've tried the $.01 suggestion, but that doesn't work. Any other thoughts?

Did you receive a premium tax credit for the months covered by Marketplace Insurance?  If you did then the form is incorrect and you need to get a corrected form.  If the form is correct and there are amounts entered in columns A and B with a 0 in column C, the program should not be giving you an error.

1095-A

No, No advance credit, and I should qualify for a tax credit.

1095-A

I keep getting rejected because of a 1095-a form. It states that the information on my form doesn't match what the IRS has on file what should I do?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

1095-A

Double check your entries in TurboTax against your 1095-A.

1095-A

@Bill H wrote:

No, No advance credit, and I should qualify for a tax credit.

Are you SURE you qualify for a credit?

@Bill H  It is giving you an error, or is it just not calculating the credit?  If it is giving you an error, try doing it with leaving column (c) blank, then try doing it by entering 0.  Do both ways give an error?

If it is just not calculating the credit, then it probably had nothing to do with what you are entering in column C.  So the next step is to figure out why.

• First, go through the Error Check/Review to get rid of any errors.
  • Second, go back to the very beginning of the Interview and be sure you said you can NOT be claimed as a dependent.
  • Third, look at Form 8962 (if you are using the online version, you will need to pay first).  What is on Line 5 of Form 8962?
  • Fourth, look at Lines 11-23 of Form 8962.   Is anything filled out?  If so, what is in columns (c) and (d)?

1095-A

I have found that if I enter $1.00 it works, and calculates my premium tax credit. It does end up costing me $12, but I don't know if Turbo Tax will ever fix it???? At least I can file the E-file the return.

Bill

1095-A

If adding $1 makes it calculate, that likely means you do NOT qualify, as your income is too LOW.  That is specifically why I asked you the third question above, as that is what I had originally suspected was the problem.

So if that is the case, the program is correct and you do NOT qualify for the Premium Tax Credit.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

1095-A

Please see the post above.  The 8962 form reconciles your premium tax credit.  If what you entered does not match your 1095-A, the calculation is going to give you a credit that you are not entitled to.  

@Bill H

1095-A

Yes, you're correct. My income was too low to qualify. I never imagined that could be the case. I thought the credit was intended for the people with low incomes, but I guess there is low income, and super low income, and the super low income don't qualify for help. Thanks for answering.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies