turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gershman-joe
Returning Member

Filing a 2017 1040x to deduct 2018 property taxes that were assessed and I prepaid in 2017 but that I did not deduct. Do I attach a copy of assessment or pay receipts?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Filing a 2017 1040x to deduct 2018 property taxes that were assessed and I prepaid in 2017 but that I did not deduct. Do I attach a copy of assessment or pay receipts?

Proof of payment should not be attached to your amended tax return. Keep the receipts in your files in case the IRS ever questions the deduction. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Proof of payment should not be attached to your amended tax return. Keep the receipts in your files in case the IRS ever questions the deduction. 

gershman-joe
Returning Member

Should I attach a copy of the township assessor's statement to prove the property taxes were assessed?

No do not attach anything to your amended tax return.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies