Please use the steps below to get to the area where you can enter various repair/maintenance costs associated with your vehicle.
Follow the instructions below to enter vehicle expenses:
1. Select "Federal Taxes" at the top of the page
2. Select the "Deductions & Credits" sub-tab
3. Scroll down to "Employment Expenses" and select
4. Select "Start" next to "Job Expenses for
5. Select "Edit" next to your occupation(Or enter it
6. Select “Edit” next to your
vehicle and continue to edit your mileage
7. After entering your mileage you should arrive to a screen asking
"Do You Want to Enter Your Actual Expenses?", answer "Yes".
Here you can enter your gas expenses, repair/maintenance expenses, etc.
8. Continue entering your information until finished
Visit this IRS link for a more complete explanation on how to claim
job-related vehicle mileage and expenses: