turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ibaseal

I paid $22,400 in house permits, fees and taxes for my primary home that I am building. can I deduct them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

I paid $22,400 in house permits, fees and taxes for my primary home that I am building. can I deduct them?

Permits and fees are not deductible.

If you paid property taxes on the land you are building on, they are deductible on Schedule A - Itemized deductions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pkhoosh

Where do we list them on TurboTax?

@pkhoosh You are posting in an already-answered thread from 2 years ago that will not show up as needing help.   While it's possible someone might see it if they are looking through old threads, you should start your own new thread at the link below so it will show up to the whole forum as needing help.

When you go to the form at the link, the first box is for a summary of your question, like a title, and is limited to 170 characters..  If you need more room, lower on the form you will come to another box with plenty of room to enter details.    This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies