dv_sander

On the "Enter any additional property tax you paid in 2020" page, the "Additional property (real estate) taxes" box shows $0 and I can't change that to another amount.

Is the is problem with the turbotax  software program that Intuit needs to fix??
DianeW777

Occasionally, the cookies and cache cause a problem remembering entries you do not want.  Be sure to clear these often.  When going through this section in TurboTax there are no issue in making an entry in either of the first two boxes .

If you're a homeowner, your property taxes are entered in the Deductions & Credits section:

1. Sign in and open your return if you're not already in it.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search (upper right) for property tax > Press Enter > select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
  3. Answer Yes to the question Did you pay property or real estate taxes in 2020?
  4. Enter your property/real estate taxes on the next screen.

You can also choose to enter them with your Form 1098, mortgage interest if you choose.

[Edited: 02/07/2021 | 8:36a PST]

SteamTrain

@dv_sander 

IF you are using the Desktop software?...double-click on the $0. 

A $0 in a filed usually indicates you have a "Supporting Details" sheet attached to that field.  Once the SuppDet sheet show up, you can either use it.......or delete it entirely to get access to the normal entry place. 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
DG99KJ

I cannot change the Property tax on your main home line from 0.

Need to enter this.

MaryM428

This is caused by a browser error. 
Use the Chrome browser and go to the three dots at the right top of page

Click settings, privacy and security and then clear browsing data.
Clear browsing data for all time

Sign into TurboTax again and you should be able to enter your additional property tax.