turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On Schedule C under Supplies Expense, it lists primarily office supplies. Where do I list things like tools and mulch for customers?

And I have almost a hundred or so things to list, so how do I handle this?  Such as ladders, socket sets, mulch, dumping fees, nails, screws, topsoil, lumber...
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenL2
Level 5
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

On Schedule C under Supplies Expense, it lists primarily office supplies. Where do I list things like tools and mulch for customers?

You don't have to list them separately.  If they are small price items that are Supplies required to do your work, you can total them and enter them as Supplies as it is an appropriate area to enter most of what you listed.

Higher priced items such as equipment, that also have a useful life of over 1 year, will be entered as Assets.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenL2
Level 5
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

You don't have to list them separately.  If they are small price items that are Supplies required to do your work, you can total them and enter them as Supplies as it is an appropriate area to enter most of what you listed.

Higher priced items such as equipment, that also have a useful life of over 1 year, will be entered as Assets.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies