allibearb

On line 7 of my 2015 tax return the code SCH 785 is on the line. Why is that there? And what is it in reference to?

rjs

The SCH 785 on line 7 of your Form 1040 or 1040A means that you had $785 of taxable scholarship income. That income is added to the wages from your W-2s (if any) and the total is reported as wages on line 7. Scholarship income is taxable when it is used for something other than tuition and fees. The Form 1098-T that you got from your school might show a scholarship amount in box 5 that is higher than the amount of tuition. For more details about what scholarship income is taxable, see the FAQ at the link that epo39b posted above.

mesquitebean

Did you have any taxable scholarship income that year?  i.e., did you have any scholarship income that exceeded the amount of allowed qualified educational expenses?
mesquitebean

allibearb

Just found out it was due to the taxable income of my scholarship. thank you!
rjs