mskellyerb

On form 1098 Do I claim half of the interest paid, outstanding mortgage balance and property taxes paid? I co-own my mortgage and pay half.

MinhT1

Yes, if you co-own the property at 50% and paid 50% of the mortgage payments and property taxes, you should claim 50% of the amounts reported on form 1098.

If you own the home with your spouse only, you and your spouse can divide the interest and property taxes in any way you want.  If the other co-owner is not your spouse, you can only deduct the part you actually paid, whether it was less, more or exactly half.