notdamcat03

Okay, I used a vehicle for work purposes... I had a total loss of vehicle due to accident! How do I report that and where

LinaJ2018

You will need to file a Form 4684 Casualties and Thefts to claim a casualty loss 

To enter your casualty loss in TurboTax online program, go to:

1.  Sign into your account and select Take me to my return

2.  At the upper right corner, in the search box, type in casualty loss, then Enter

3.  Select Jump to casualty loss

4.  On screen, Stolen or Damaged Items, answer Yes to the question to continue 

This deduction covers property that’s damaged as a result of a disaster, such as a storm, flood, fire, car accident, or similar event, and also covers stolen property. Property includes anything you own.

You can also claim this deduction for losses related to property used in a business, and you might also be able to         deduct appraisal fees related to casualties and thefts. TurboTax will do the calculations for you, so all you’ll need to do is to enter your loss information.