turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is everyone's Refund being held for the EIC and CTC or is it certain individuals

It's saying expected refund is jan 23 - feb 10 is that correct
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is everyone's Refund being held for the EIC and CTC or is it certain individuals

https://www.irs.gov/uac/2017-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-23-for-nations-taxpayers-with-tax-returns-...

If you claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on your tax return, the IRS must hold your refund until February 15. This new law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with EITC or ACTC. This change helps ensure that you receive the refund you are owed by giving the agency more time to help detect and prevent fraud.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

https://www.irs.gov/uac/2017-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-23-for-nations-taxpayers-with-tax-returns-...

If you claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on your tax return, the IRS must hold your refund until February 15. This new law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with EITC or ACTC. This change helps ensure that you receive the refund you are owed by giving the agency more time to help detect and prevent fraud.
beth7743

That's not true! My boyfriend's return is already processed and been sent to his account!

Oh wow
thall86r

exactly this is a LIE. I know of at  least 3 people that did their taxes AFTER me and have MULTIPLE kids to my ONE child and they all already got theirs back.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies