Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

annem

Why can't we put in amounts from this year as we receive them instead of having to put in everything at once(ie donations ,prescriptions,dental,medical, etc)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why can't we put in amounts from this year as we receive them instead of having to put in everything at once(ie donations ,prescriptions,dental,medical, etc)

I personally keep an ongoing spreadsheet of my paid Medical expenses, and then just enter the grand total into TT.

If you would like to access the classic version of ItsDeductible for Charitable contributions, please follow these steps:

• Click this link: https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Logout.htm
  • The page will show that you are logged out. At the top of the page is a small sign-in button .
  • Click sign-in and use your ItsDeductible login credentials to get access to the classic version of your account.
  • Bookmark the page.

You can then import it into the TT program at year end.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DJS
Alumni
Alumni

Not sure whether you're using a desktop or online version, but either way you can enter anything at any time, save, and then come back to complete the return. Using the online version you can select My Account, and then tools, and then topic search or topic list to get to the particular items you wish to work on.
Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**

For donations you can use Its Deductible a free online app you can use all year and it will import into Turbo Tax Deluxe or higher.

Depends on what you actually mean.

1)  IF you re talking about things like 2016 Medical expenses, and estimated tax payments for 2016,then you cannot put them into any tax forms until the actual software is released....which is around now, or soon for a 2016 tax return.  So early in 2016, you would have to keep a spreadsheet, and a folder to keep those records in.

2)  For charity Donations, you could use "ItsDeductible" online throughout the year. because they had the 2016 donations tab always available fairly soon after  2016 started (though the new version of ItsDeductible stinks until they fix it)
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Right. TT 2016 Online isn't actually available until early December, and the various Medical expenses categories are just for your own use.

I personally keep an ongoing spreadsheet of my paid Medical expenses, and then just enter the grand total into TT.

If you would like to access the classic version of ItsDeductible for Charitable contributions, please follow these steps:

• Click this link: https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Logout.htm
  • The page will show that you are logged out. At the top of the page is a small sign-in button .
  • Click sign-in and use your ItsDeductible login credentials to get access to the classic version of your account.
  • Bookmark the page.

You can then import it into the TT program at year end.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies