You'll have to upgrade to the Turbo Tax Self Employed version in order to enter your home office expenses. The Deluxe version does not support this functionality. Once you upgrade to the Self Employed version, follow these steps in Turbo Tax (keep in mind that the cost of the upgrade can be written off as a business expenses on next year's tax return)...
- In the upper right hand corner of your Turbo Tax program, type Home Office in the search box.
- This will bring a "Jump to Home Office" link...click on that link.
- When the screen comes up that gives you the option to edit/delete your business...click the edit button.
- This will lead you through several screens of questions about your business.
- After you answer these questions Turbo Tax will bring up the Business Expenses screen.
- Under the Business Expenses heading, click the Home Office Expenses start/revisit button.
- Turbo Tax will then lead you through several questions regarding your home office.