Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I add business expenses to my home based business without purchasing the self-employed software? I don't see any other option.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Ashby

Can I add business expenses to my home based business without purchasing the self-employed software? I don't see any other option.

No, you do have to upgrade to the self-employed version. The lower versions will allow for income from self-employment, but not expenses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

No, not with the online version. If you claim even one penny of business expense, you have no choice with the online version but to upgrade to the more costly Self-Employed flavor.
But with the CD version that you physically install on  your computer you can file the full SCH C and claim expenses on the Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business flavors.

You are required to claim all of your expenses.
Ashby

No, you do have to upgrade to the self-employed version. The lower versions will allow for income from self-employment, but not expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies