Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tkuhn

Do I need another software for 1099- Misc deductions if I already have home and office?

IF I have turbo tax home and business already (and have most of my taxes completed in home and business) - can I upgrade to self employment software if I have 1099-misc deductions to add- or do I need to purchase the new software for another $114 and start over?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

Do I need another software for 1099- Misc deductions if I already have home and office?

No, TurboTax Home and Business is the desktop version of TurboTax Self-Employed Online. Therefore, you already have the most comprehensive version of TurboTax available.

To enter expenses related to your 1099-MISC income, you will need to input these expenses under the business income and expenses section. Just make sure that you link your 1099-MISC to your business expenses (screenshot)

Please refer to this IRS link for more information about Business Expenses

To enter business income and expenses, once you have signed into your TurboTax Account (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here , then select "Take Me to My Return"), type "Schedule C" in the search bar then select "jump to Schedule C".

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

No, TurboTax Home and Business is the desktop version of TurboTax Self-Employed Online. Therefore, you already have the most comprehensive version of TurboTax available.

To enter expenses related to your 1099-MISC income, you will need to input these expenses under the business income and expenses section. Just make sure that you link your 1099-MISC to your business expenses (screenshot)

Please refer to this IRS link for more information about Business Expenses

To enter business income and expenses, once you have signed into your TurboTax Account (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here , then select "Take Me to My Return"), type "Schedule C" in the search bar then select "jump to Schedule C".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies