turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Under Property Taxes, I added in my raw land. Am I then supposed to put in the value of my land in the box underneath in "Additional homes and land?"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

Under Property Taxes, I added in my raw land. Am I then supposed to put in the value of my land in the box underneath in "Additional homes and land?"

No - that box under the property taxes section that says "additional homes and land" would be where you enter property taxes not related to your main home (not the value of your raw land). So if you included these raw land property taxes under your main home it is ok because all real property taxes will only be reported once on Schedule A

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DS30

No - that box under the property taxes section that says "additional homes and land" would be where you enter property taxes not related to your main home (not the value of your raw land). So if you included these raw land property taxes under your main home it is ok because all real property taxes will only be reported once on Schedule A

Dear TurboTaxDeeS - Thanks for giving me a very simple and straightforward answer.  Did the trick perfectly!  Barnaby2587
DS30

You are very welcome 🙂 Enjoy your day!

So, if I own second home, and I put the property tax I paid for the second home in the box of "Additional property (real estate) taxes". Then, what should I put in the box "Additional homes or land"?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies