Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kmay

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016 and obviously have a ton of medical expenses. Do I put everything down, even if the majority was covered by my insurance?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016 and obviously have a ton of medical expenses. Do I put everything down, even if the majority was covered by my insurance?

You will only enter the medical bills you actually  paid out of pocket during the 2016 tax year ... do NOT include expenses paid by the insurance or any bills still outstanding. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You will only enter the medical bills you actually  paid out of pocket during the 2016 tax year ... do NOT include expenses paid by the insurance or any bills still outstanding. 

Kmay

Thank you so much!! So helpful.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

No. Enter only what you paid yourself. Do not enter expenses that were paid by insurance.

Kmay

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies