My wife is running a dog-daycare from home. We mainly use our living, family-rooms and back yard for the business. What can I claim in our tax returns?

Your wife self-employed and will report her business income and expenses on Schedule C. 

Please see the following links which provides helpful information for your situation:

The Home Office Deduction

Reporting Self-Employment Business Income and Deductions

How is begin Self-Employed different from being an Employee? 

Which TurboTax version do I need for a Schedule C? 

There seems to be opposing information out there about how to claim the area of the house that is used for boarding/doggy day care but not exclusive. I have read that you can claim living areas used under the day care services deduction but I don't know if this is true. The way the tax books read it seems like day care use only counts for humans. Can you provide any clarification?

@nikiandmike   Yes, it only applies to humans.  So in your case, the Home Office deduction would only apply to space that is used regularly and exclusively for business.

Thank you!

If the yard is specifically for dogs only can that portion be considered in the total square footage of the home as part of the percentage of the home office deduction?

Sorry but no ... only space under roof count and not the land/yard.