tbtx3184

My wife is covered under my family plan HDHP, all year 2014-present. TT is asking me what type of HDHP my wife had on 12/1/16. Family, self, none. not sure how to answer

Should I select 'Family' since it's under mine? Or does that selection imply she has her own family plan?  If I select Family, TT then tells me they see a break in spouse coverage and wants me to answer why. There is no break in coverage as far as I know

DanielV01

None is the correct answer.  You are reasoning correctly: the question is asking if she has her own HDHP.  Since she is covered by your Family HDHP, she does not have an HDHP of her own.  So you should just say "none" in that box, and it should remove that diagnostic.

DanielV01

brianfarwick

This was very confusing as well.  Should be reworded.
dalenabraham

I agree, very  poorly worded on the return and explanations.