earpr

My wife had alheimers. I had to move her from Alabama to Texas. Are my moving expenses deductable?

The nursing home in Alabama was not as good as the nursing home in Texas, so I moved my wife and myself from Alabama to Texas.  Can I include the moving expense for her on the medical expense worksheet for Schedule A, line 9 a b c or d?

MichaelL1

Sorry but moving for medical reasons is not deductible.

Is moving for medical reasons tax deductible?
IRS moving deductions are no longer allowed under the new tax law.  According to the IRS, the moving expense deduction has been suspended, thanks to the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

MichaelL1