Solved: My wife and I purchased health insurance together in 2016. My wife is a self employed appraiser. Can we deduct health insurance payments as a business expense?

My wife and I purchased health insurance together in 2016. My wife is a self employed appraiser. Can we deduct health insurance payments as a business expense?

Yes,

You can deduct up to 100% of health insurance premiums for you, your spouse and your dependents if you are self-employed and have a net profit from the business for which you created the plan.

Include health insurance premiums you made for your dependents who were under age 27 at the end of 2016.

It's entered in TurboTax just after your business expenses. It is not reported as an expense of your business. It's a deduction from your total income which lowers your AGI. The amount will be reported on line 29 of your 1040.

Yes,