My wife and I donate $500 to Drexel University Harold J. Budd Scholarship. Is this donation deductible?

DanielV01

Yes.  This is a charitable donation for the Federal return.  You may claim this contribution along with other Charitable contributions as part of your itemized deductions.

You also want to see how your state treats the donation.  Some states have special deductions for donating to educational programs such as this, and some states allow you to claim the deduction with their itemized deductions, and a few states won't allow the deduction at all.  To assist you, you may comment your state to see if there is a particular local deduction for you.

DanielV01