Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My total income is $94,052. Where does the number $ 112,447.00 listed under Deductions and losses, line 3e on Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit originate?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My total income is $94,052. Where does the number $ 112,447.00 listed under Deductions and losses, line 3e on Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit originate?

The entry on 3e is duplicated  in "A" inside the smart worksheet inset just above it. Put the pointer over the entry and right click. On the box that appears, click on "data source." Another box will appear displaying the sources for the entry.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelDC

From the IRS Instructions for F1116: "Enter on line 3e in each column your gross income from all sources and all categories, both U.S. and foreign. ***** Include any foreign earned income you have excluded on Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ but don't include any other exempt income. *****
If you are a nonresident alien, include on both lines 3d and 3e your income that isn't effectively connected with a trade or business in the United States. If you had to adjust your foreign qualified dividends or capital gains (discussed earlier), include those amounts without regard to any adjustments."
Let me know if you need anything else.

My gross income number is incorrect How to check that number on TTax?

The entry on 3e is duplicated  in "A" inside the smart worksheet inset just above it. Put the pointer over the entry and right click. On the box that appears, click on "data source." Another box will appear displaying the sources for the entry.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies