turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My standard deduction was used instead of my itemized deduction, but I want to see what I entered for itemized deductions for book keeping purposes. Can I see that?

I can't find what I entered for itemized deductions in 2020 when I log on, and it took a lot of time.  There's a lot of detail there I need to know.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

My standard deduction was used instead of my itemized deduction, but I want to see what I entered for itemized deductions for book keeping purposes. Can I see that?

In TurboTax go to the Forms versus the Step by Step method. 

View the left side of your screen and click on Schedule A.  This will show all your itemized deductions.

-follow this link to access the forms mode-

How do I switch to Forms Mode in the TurboTax for Windows ...

Your response didn't help at all.  I've already submitted my taxes, and I use the online version of TurboTax, so there's no way to go to Forms mode that I can tell.  Again, is there a way to view the Schedule A I submitted?  Your software chose the Standard Deduction instead of my Schedule A, but I need to see what I submitted for other purposes so I don't have to spend hours regenerating the information.  Is this possible?

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Try using the instructions in the following TurboTax article.  When you get to the part where it asks what you want to print, you can select a specific form such as Schedule A if it is available to print.  

Can I print a copy of my TurboTax Online return before I file it?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This didn't help either.  I don't think I can print my schedule A if TT opted for the standard deduction instead.  All that information I painstakingly entered online was lost.  I'll accept that, but I wish someone at TT knew enough to tell me this was the case so i didn't waste time looking.  Further, it would be nice to know ahead of time so I could print the information.  This was an important record for me.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

That is the case.  If your return does not report a Schedule A, it will not be included with your ''official forms for filing''  PDF.   However, when you are in the Print Center, you have the option to print ''all forms, schedules, and worksheets''.   This selection usually generates over 100 pages but will include everything.   If you have already filed, you only have the option of printing the short version - official forms for filing.    

You can use the instructions here to unlock your return.  Once unlocked, you can return to the Print Center and print the full tax returns.    Those will contain everything you entered into TurboTax.     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies