Solved: My spouse got a new job in another city about 100 miles away. We purchased a condo there and she commutes home on the weekends. Can we claim her moving expenses?

My spouse got a new job in another city about 100 miles away. We purchased a condo there and she commutes home on the weekends. Can we claim her moving expenses?

Alumni

No. She didn't move permanently. All she is doing is commuting to and from work. The cost of commuting to and from work is a personal commuting expense and it is not deductible. If you had sold your old house and you both moved, then you have a moving expense deduction.

Alumni