`

My son is 18, had a gross income of $19,000 and claimed himself. Does my son qualify for the "Child and other dependent" tax credit of $500.00 when I file my taxes?

It all depends whether or not he provided over half of his own support. With 19K of income, he might well have. If he is not your dependent, you can't claim the credit. If he provided more than half of his own support, you can't claim him. If you did provide more than half, he needs to amend his return so you can claim him. See the support worksheet in the screenshot to help you make the determination.

[Edited 2/18/2019 [3:30PM]

He is under 19 so he should not have claimed himself.  If his return was accepted he will need to amend it and you will have to mail your return to claim him.  

[Edited 2/18/2019 [3:30PM]

Please check revision as I corrected myself.

Another revision for clarity [Edited 2/18/2019 [3:30PM]