2019JohnsonTaxes

My son gets a 1098T from his university, and also worked a summer job. He file taxes separately, but I claim him as a dependent on my tax form. He is 21 yrs old. Is it better form him to claim the 1098T on his tax filing or for me to claim it on mine?

KatrinaB48

Since you are claiming your son as a dependent, you will file Form 1098-T. Please view this TurboTax FAQ for more information and follow the directions to enter Form 1098-T on your tax return.

Mberg320

I claimed my son seperately and should of added him to mine  his was rejected  how do I fix?